Every summer it seems that the beach waves trend returns, and I must admit… this is a look that I absolutely love! And, not to mention, it is extremely easy to achieve! Today, I will be sharing 5 of my summer beach waves tips and tricks with you to help you get that effortless beachy look!
1. DO NOT WASH YOUR HAIR EVERYDAY! This is the number one tip that I have! I know a lot of people seem to want to wash their hair everyday but this can be quite damaging. I often curl my hair and am able to go 2- 3 days without washing! And the more you leave it the more textured and tousled it looks! Now, you may have to make some touch ups and use a bit of dry shampoo but I promise you that you will LOVE what not washing will do to your hair! The dry shampoo will give you a lot of volume which will also help give some life to the look!
2. CURL AND USE POMADE/ DRY SHAMPOO TO STYLE. When I curl my hair and want to achieve more of a beachy look, I will run my straightener through my hair to help flatten out some of the curls, focusing more on the ends of my hair. This will give you a more textured wavy style. If you want more added texture, run some pomade through the ends of your hair to clean it up and give it a more pieced out look. I promise you this will look incredible and pomade will become your new best friend! For volume, add some dry shampoo or baby powder to the roots. This will give you more lift and also help preserve your curls over a few days.
3. SEA SALT SPRAY. If you have naturally wavy hair, sea salt spray may be just what you are looking for to get that effortless wavy style you’ve been wanting! This can also be great for second- day curled hair as it will add more texture to your curls! This is one of the most used products on the market, but you can also make it yourself! Here is a DIY recipe!
DIY SEA SALT SPRAY
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 tablespoons epsom salts (or more for extra texture)
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
- 1/2 tsp conditioner
- OPTIONAL: you can add a few drops of essential oils to add a scent to the product OR add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to lighten your hair while in the sun!
4. BUNS. Have to work all day but have date plans at night? Have no fear! Here is a tip for you! After you shower in the morning try leaving it a bit damp and creating a simple updo using buns! Split your hair into two or three sections and twist them into smaller buns at the nape of your neck. Now, using bobby pins, pin parts of the sections together. This will create a messy updo look. Once 6 o’clock comes around take the updo out and you will be left with tousled beach waves! If you have time, add some salt spray to give it some texture!
5. SIMPLE BRAID. This is probably the easiest of all, but to get those beachy waves try splitting your hair into two or four pieces (depending how thick/ thin your hair is) and braid each section with your hair still a bit damp. Personally, I recommend doing this at night after a shower with your hair still a bit damp, this will give your hair time to set as you sleep on it. When you wake up, throw in a little pomade on the ends and some dry shampoo to the roots and you will be ready to take on the day! If you want to add a little extra, take a curling iron and add a few curls in to tie it all together!
I hope these tips helped and I would love to hear some of your favourite summer hairstyles! So, comment below and share your summer styles with me! I would love to hear from you!
– BBB –